A favourite among celebrities – also known as a Vampire Facelift!
Platelet Rich Plasma, also known as a Vampire Facelift or PRP Therapy, is a treatment that uses the patient’s own extracted blood – it’s drawn and then re-injected into areas of localised inflammation to stimulate new tissue growth. As we heal, our body creates “platelets”, or cells that help with clotting and healing.
It can be used to minimise fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles, or acne, create a plumping effect, improve skin texture, and clear blemishes by promoting collagen growth. It has distinct advantages over other rejuvenation treatments because it not only restores collagen levels, but also promotes new collagen production by delivering these essential proteins where they are needed, while simultaneously reducing inflammation in the area. Rejuvenate your skin, making it look fresher and more vibrant!
How does it work?
The Platelet Rich Plasma procedure begins with the extraction of the patient’s blood. The blood is then put through a special machine that separates the platelets and elements responsible for cell regeneration, leaving behind red blood cells, which are naturally returned to the body in roughly 24 hours.
PRP is made up of small molecules called growth factors which promote skin cell regeneration when injected into targeted areas on the skin. Collagen production is stimulated over 2-3 weeks to naturally reduce wrinkles. The entire procedure typically takes around 30 minutes.
We recommend it for…
- wrinkles around the eyes
- neck wrinkles
- crow’s feet
- nasolabial lines
- skin laxity
- forehead lines, frown lines, laughter lines
- sagging cheeks
- acne scarring
- sun damage or sunspots
- baldness and hair loss (both men and women)
- skin revitalisation
- smooths wrinkles and fine lines
- eliminates acne scars
- promotes faster wound healing after laser treatments
- deep skin bio-stimulation and renewal
- stimulates hair growth
- improves the appearance of wrinkles and scars
- tightening and plumping effect
- rejuvenates the under-eye area
- reduces the size of open pores
- improves skin texture and tone
- suitable for both men and women
- no side effects (little to no swelling, bruising, or lumping)